Mini Monets and Mommies: Princess Popsicles: DIY Kids' Treats

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Princess Popsicles: DIY Kids' Treats

Who doesn’t love glitter and sparkles? And who could resist a princess popsicle? I recently posted a glitter ice melting paint activity. As I was freezing the food coloring and glitter (it’s not at all edible), I started to think of ways to turn this art exploration into something tasty. And that got me thinking about these DIY kids' treats.

Kids' treats

I had some left over pearlescent sugar from making Monet’s Impressionist cupcakes. I’m not a baker, so I don’t really have any reason to use the rest of the colorful pastel shiny sugar. It looks like glitter, but is edible. That’s where the idea of princess pops hit me. It’s so super-simple, but perfectly pretty and a totally tasty treat! As a bonus, the kids get a science lesson too – experimenting with liquid to solid to liquid transformations. You can make these any day or add them to a princess-themed birthday celebration!

Here’s What You’ll Need:

·        Juice- I used two different kinds. Cranberry strawberry juice for pink popsicles and lemonade for light yellow ones.

·        Pearlescent sugar- You’ll find this at the grocery store with the sprinkles and other cupcake toppers.

·        An ice cube tray- I used a plain one, but you can try stars to make princess wands or any other shape that your child wants.

·        Straws

·        Scissors

Here’s What to Do:

1.      Cut the straws in half. Each half will become a popsicle stick.

Recipe treats
2.      Help your child to sprinkle the sparkly sugar into the ice cube tray compartments. Line the bottom of each “cube” with the sugar.

Kids' recipes

Sparkle foods
3.      Pour the juice on top of the sugar. Use a straw to mix it up.


4.      Ask your child what she thinks will happen to the juice when you put it in the freezer. Place the ice cube tray into the freezer.

5.      Periodically pull the tray out and take a look to see what’s happening. As the juice becomes semi-solid, insert a straw half into each cube.

Frozen Treat
6.      Put the cubes back into the freezer until they are completely solid.

DIY pops
7.      When they’re frozen, pop the cubes out and enjoy!

 
Icy treat

If your kids like this activity, but want to try something less "princessy," check out how to make pirate popsicles!

Are you looking for more kids' activities to beat the heat this summer? Check out and follow my Pinterest board for ideas.
Follow Mini Monets and Mommies's board Kids' Summer Activities on Pinterest.

45 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love it! And I love that you are inspired by "girly" stuff even with a son. I have twin 3 year old boys who would think this activity was super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son said no way to it, until he tried one. It tasted good enough for him to eat. That said, I do have a more "boyish" version that I plan on posting later this week!

      Delete
  2. My girls would love these, and I think they're adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 10yr old dd would love making these. She LOVES anything with sparkles...including her food. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Will have to make these with my daughter one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, saw your link @ Merry Monday...great idea, my little girl would love this! Pinning and now following you on Twitter and G+. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! My son would love them too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I'm going to make these with my niece, we are both princess's lol
    Visiting from Teach me Tuesday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sparkles #parentingpinitparty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop to share your Princess Popsicles Recipe! My girls would LOVE to make these and perfect for summer!! You were featured this week as one of my favorites :) Hope to see you again! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to thank you very much for linking up @ Teach Me Tuesday @ 3GLOL. I sure hope you'll stop back by this week - http://3glol.net/2014/06/09/teach-tuesday-3glol-7/.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea! Who doesn't want sparkly things?

    Thanks for linking up at Rock-A-Bye Parents Sunday Parenting Pointers linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lot of fun! Bet they would fit in nicely at a princess party too! You could always make them darker with boy colors and have them be knight popsicles or dragon treasure too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Stopping in to let you know I will be featuring your popsciles this Friday in my P3 Party Board Summertime Treats Roundup post! Congrats and yum! Thank you so much for pining to my party board!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! We are going to have to try and make some of these! For Sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant! My little girl will absolutely love these :) Have pinned! #pintorials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so much fun to make (and eat!).

      Delete
  16. Well these are just GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing at #Pintorials (I am featuring you this Tuesday) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for any other wonderful article. The place else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such information.

    Review my page please: ๊ฐ•๋‚จ์˜คํ”ผ
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been browsing online more than 3 hours lately, ์Šคํฌ์ธ ํ† ํ†  but I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the web might be much more helpful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ํ† ํ† ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ Keep up the superb work, I read few blog posts on this website
    and I conceive that your site is really interesting and contains lots
    of wonderful info.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great article! The neatly organized content is good to see. Can I quote a blog and write it on my blog? My blog has a variety of communities including these articles. Would you like to visit me later? keo nhacai


    ReplyDelete
  21. Good post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!
    ๋ฉ”์ด์ €ํ† ํ† ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you need to edit a PDF document but don't have the time or money to buy software? Don't worry - there are several great PDF editors that can be accessed online for free! In this blog post, we will compare three of the most popular online PDF editors and discuss the pros and cons of each. We will also provide links to each editor so that you can try them out for yourself. Let's get started!
    Online Pdf Editor

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was not first article by this author as I always found him as a talented author. eren yeager jacket

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fruit pieces such as strawberries, grapes, melon, and pineapple should be available in a variety.
    To make vibrant fruit kabobs, let the youngsters thread the fruit onto wooden skewers.
    You might also offer chocolate or yogurt sauce for dipping.divorcio en las leyes de nueva jersey

    ReplyDelete
  25. Indulge in a fairy tale with Princess Popsicles! These enchanting frozen treats come in whimsical shapes and vibrant colors, making them a delightful dessert for little princes and princesses. Transport your taste buds to a magical kingdom with every delicious bite.
    DUI Lawyer Fauquier VA




    ReplyDelete
  26. This blog is interesting to read and many new information are shared in this post. Keep sharing more good blogs. Abogado de Defensa Criminal Federal de Nueva York

    ReplyDelete
  27. Discover a variety of kid-friendly ingredients, vibrant colors, and playful shapes that turn ordinary popsicles into extraordinary delights fit for a royal feast. Princess Popsicles isn't just about crafting frozen treats; it's about sparking creativity, fostering bonding moments, and bringing smiles to the faces of your little princes and princesses.
    divorcio de nueva jersey
    divorcio indiscutido sin culpa en virginia
    abogado bk cerca de mรญ

    ReplyDelete